How to create your own E-commerce step by step.
- September 2, 2022
Would you like to know how to create your own E-commerce?
follow each of the steps below.
1) Look for an idea (E-commerce) with possibilities.
Today, the E-commerce sector is very common, so there is competition in any type of product you can imagine. But don’t let this discourage you; E-commerce is still growing, so you can surely find your niche.
You just need a good idea.
To start, you can consider running a new online business, or work with products already on the market but making your store stand out from the competition in some way.
Therefore, the first step is to write down all the ideas that come to mind for your online store. You can do some organized brainstorming, or just watch people’s behavior and see what comes to mind.
Then, you will have to make a filter to keep the most promising ideas and evaluate their viability:
- What problem or user need does this idea solve?
- Are there other ways to solve this need? Why might my idea work better?
- Is there a real demand around this problem? (To get an idea, you can check out tools like Google Trends to get an idea of the search volume it generates.)
- What challenges and difficulties may arise?
The first factor to stand out from the competition is good planning. And it is that although several online stores are launched every day, not all of them have a solid startup business strategy
Therefore, if you want your ecommerce to work, you have to spend some time thinking and writing down aspects such as:
- Does your online store have a value proposition?
- What target audience is it addressed to (buyer person).
- How you are going to manage logistical aspects, such as stock or shipments.
- What will be the channels or means to promote it.
- Calculate your operating costs and your sources of income.
Using the previous steps as a Strategy as a basis, you will be able to elaborate a more detailed action plan, specifying aspects such as:
- Determine basic service providers such as hosting for your website, ecommerce software, as well as decide which shipping company or companies to use.
- Determine the name of your online store: you can choose a descriptive name and domain or a brand name, but always try to make them easy to pronounce and remember.
- The image of your brand: design aspects such as the logo or colors come in here, but also deeper questions about your mission, vision and values.
- The promotion strategy: a physical store is instantly visible, but e-commerce requires an initial effort to position itself in search engines and be present in other channels. Definitely, you will need to promote your e-commerce with an online marketing strategy.
3) Be patient.
An online store is a long-term bet. You will have to make yourself known little by little, promoting your store on different channels and generating traffic, leads and finally repeat purchases. Think in terms of annual planning and develop a solid growth strategy. You will see how the effort is worth it!
How to create your own E-commerce.
4) Measure, analyze and test.
All online marketing must be based on constant trial and error. Think of your online store as a testing ground where you can experiment with different strategies. Which channel generates more conversions? What is the most effective landing page? Constantly measure the results you obtain and apply the ones that generate the best performance to your ecommerce to multiply your sales.
5) Being a specialist.
Do not create a skate shop if you have no idea about that sport no matter how much niche you have detected. Your client cannot know more than you about what he is buying from you because you will not know how to offer him what he is looking for nor will you understand his doubts. If you find a niche but you are not a specialist in it, what you can do is include someone who is in your team, it can be an employee or partner.
6) Assemble a winning team.
In addition with the above, you will be able to realize that perhaps you alone would not be able to carry out the business, therefore look for partners and distribute the functions of each one well or create a team of employees contemplating their costs in the business plan. I still do not know anyone who is good at everything and also has time to carry out all the functions,
We hope that this brief guide will be useful for you to learn How to create your own E-commerce.